1. Want french fries that are hot and fresh out of the fryer? Ask for “fresh” fries. When you ask for it, they’ll make your french fries fresh instead of giving you the heavily salted fries that have been sitting on the side for a while. It’ll take an extra minute, but worth it for piping hot fries!
2. Love the Fish Sandwich but wish it was hot each time you order it? You can. Just ask for “no cheese” and they’ll make it fresh for you.
3. Same thing with the hamburgers! If you want fresh meat, ask for “no onions.” They’ll just cook a new burger for you.
4. Get a Big Mac for a smaller price-just ask for a McDouble without ketchup and mustard, and include the Big Mac Sauce and lettuce. It’ll be the same burger as a Big Mac without the bread in the middle. A Big Mac is in the $4-5 range, the McDouble with lettuce and Big Mac sauce is $2-3. That’s a $1.30 difference!
5. Same thing with the Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Order a double cheeseburger and the side items that you want, it will be less expensive than the Extra Value Meal (almost $2 less!) The double cheeseburger has the same amount of meat as the Quarter Pounder, there’s no real big difference.
6. Want a chicken salad for $2? Order the side salad and ask for chicken on it. That way you won’t have to eat the huge salad and be stuck with leftovers!
7. Want real eggs on your sandwiches? Ask for a “round egg” on your sandwich. This means they’ll crack a real egg in a round mold to cook it and put it on your sandwich. This is a great workaround if you don’t like the liquid egg mix that they use for the scrambles!
8. A secret menu item is the McLand, Sea and Air. This is a sandwich with a fish filet, chicken patty, and beef patty. If you’re feeling very hungry and adventurous, this is a good one to try out!
9. If you order between 10:30-11 AM, you have 10 minutes when you can order from the breakfast and lunch menus at the same time. This is a good time to order burgers like a cheeseburger with a round egg or a Sausage McGriddle with chicken instead.
10. You can order a Neapolitan shake – it’s a milkshake that is 1/3 vanilla, 1/3 chocolate, and 1/3 strawberry. Yum!
11. Remember this major tip: busy hours mean fresh food, quiet means pre-prepared food and stale fries from sitting out for a while. In other words, if you want fresh food, go when McDonald’s is busy!